Nothing says summer more to me more than fruit and berries. I love fruit pizza because it is all of my favorites combined into one easy, delicious treat. You can used fresh fruit and berries or dried fruit, especially dried cherries….Yummy!
This fruit pizza has a simple crust that is put together much like a pie crust, baked, and then topped with a creamy, tangy, sweet fruit dip, and topped with your favorite fresh fruits. The possibilities are endless, and this is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next summer barbecue.
- 3/4 cup butter, cold
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Fresh fruit – strawberries, blueberries, wiki, apples or any type of fruit you like – simply add to taste
- Traverse Bay Farms Dried cherries – simply add to taste.
- Cut up cold butter into cubes. Place flour and powdered sugar into bowl and cut up with a pastry blender. Add small amounts of cold water into the mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Press onto a large pizza pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Spread over cooled crust and top with sliced fresh fruit.
Start by cutting your cold butter into cubes.
Now top with the flour and powdered sugar. My flour looks a bit brown here. I am using an ultra grain mix. I would recommend all-purpose though in general.
Now mix together the butter, sugar, and flour with a pastry blender until the butter in small, pea-sized chunks. Now add small amounts of very cold water and a touch of vanilla, mixing together with a fork. Keep adding small amounts of water until the mixture comes together into a ball.
Press onto a large pizza pan and bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Now with a handheld mixer, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and heavy cream until smooth. Spread out onto the completely cooled crust.
Top with your favorite mixture of fresh fruits!