For an exceptional twist on fruit desserts, try this fruits and cream tortilla recipe. You may have this as a snack, as a dessert, or just to have something new and unique to indulge your sweet tooth. Imagine crisped up whole wheat tortilla smothered in fluffy whipped cream with a hidden brown sugar crunch and some tart berries. It’s refreshing and indulgent at the same time.
What You Will Need:
- 1 10-12 inch whole wheat tortilla (you may use a regular one instead)
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream or 1-1/2 cup fully whipped cream
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries (you may use strawberries too)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries (you may use blueberries too)
- 2 halves of canned peaches (or use fresh peaches)
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries
Sweeten Up Some Tortilla
Gather everything you need for the fruits and cream tortilla.
Spread the brown sugar over the tortilla and bake for 5-10 minutes at 175C. Ovens may vary on how soon they crisp up the tortilla without burning the sugar.
Once the tortilla has been browned and has crisped up, take out of the oven and let cool completely for an hour or more before going to the next step.
Whip up the cream or use store bought whipped cream.
Dollop the whipped cream over the tortilla a few minutes before serving.
Slice the peaches into thin wedges and arrange over the cream.
Add in the berries and serve like fruit pizza.
Best enjoyed on a summer morning with tea or coffee. Or, as a special mid-afternoon treat for the kids or the kid in all of us.